Contact us today to get a free estimate for pest control services.(651) 383-4688
Rochester Ant Control
Whether you are maintaining a sanitary surgical environment at the Mayo, avoiding contamination at Reichel Foods, or simply don’t want insects piling on the little drop of jelly that accidentally fell while making your toddler a delicious PB&J, you do not want to have ants as an ongoing part of that equation. Rochester ant control keeps the ants out of your life.
Ants are extremely well organized in their colony structure and efforts. This communication is transmitted to hundreds, thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of ants without written plans or verbal communication. Everything is done through:
- biological intuition – Ants have some interesting genetic wiring compared to much of the insect world. They are geared to relying on each other and naturally leading each other. This circular intuition is a major driver of their success. Since ants are so numerous, all Rochester ant control efforts should integrate natural ant behaviors to maximize effectiveness and reach.
- trophallaxis – Sometimes ants will trail extremely long distances to acquire small amounts of food. It is not that every ant is 100% wired to be a hard, dedicated worker 100% of the time. In fact, many ants have been observed as being social loafers just like humans are prone to do from time to time. It is largely in the process of trophallaxis that they motivate each other to keep going. As one ant returns on the trail from finding food, she shares a small sample that she is carrying back with the ants she passes so they know the richness in store for them at the end of their trail. Rochester ant control may utilize calibrated baits to take advantage of trophallaxis behaviors.
- Pheromones – In addition to natural wiring and food sharing, ants use chemicals often placed in trail form to guide other ants in what they should do. They use their antennae to pick up on these signals. Rochester ant control may use barrier sprays to interrupt certain pheromones or may utilize slow acting products that will avoid disrupting important pheromone trails.
Just like cats behave quite differently from dogs, different species of ants have different tendencies and behaviors. Successful Rochester ant control will take these unique elements into account in calibrating the plan. Significant customizations include;
- Carpenter ants nest in voids and softened wood. Treatments should include baits and void treatments as well as targeting the queen.
- Pavement ants nest in the cracks and seems of sidewalks, driveways, and other similar landscape features. Exterior treatments will be the key targeting their trailways and utilizing baits.
- Pharaoh ants tend to be in small groups in wall voids. Close monitoring and wise placement of the right types of baits will be key for successful Rochester ant control.
The Rest of the Story
There are many other types of ants you may encounter in your home or landscaping such as:
- Big headed ants
- Odorous house ants
- Field ants
- Thief ants
Regardless of the type of ant you are facing or where it is at, Rove Pest Control has the right tools and knowledge to put your Rochester ant control efforts on the right track and protect your areas of importance.