Contact us today to get a free estimate for pest control services.313-513-6783
Detroit Cockroach Control
Preferred expert by 760 WJR’s Inside Outside Guys
Whenever I travel from Detroit to a conference in the south, I know I am going to encounter cockroaches. On my last trip to Chattanooga, I woke up to a 2-inch American cockroach belly up on the bathroom floor. Despite the commonality of encountering large cockroaches in the south, different species of cockroaches are just as common here in Motor City. Detroit roach control is a necessary element in both the residential and commercial realms.
Detroit cockroach control may not have to worry so much about the super long American cockroaches, but the following roaches are common enough to be familiar with them:
- Australian cockroach – Just as big as the American cockroach, these roaches are perfectly happy to stay outside in the soil. They end up inside accidentally – often riding in on potted plants or other rich soil. Detroit roach control for these can be a simple escort back outside.
- Brown banded cockroach – These are smaller than the American and Australian roaches but reproduce quickly indoors. They love warm and humid environments. Detroit cockroach control for the brown banded sort will specifically target bathroom and kitchen cabinets.
- German cockroach – The habitat these roaches desire is quite like the brown banded cockroach. They are active indoors all year long and can spread quickly in multifamily housing situations. Detroit roach control for the German variety will include sanitation and degreasing. Also, German cockroach control will overlap environmentally with rodent control.
- Woods roach – These great flyers are quite attracted to lights and may come indoors if the opportunity and situation presents itself to them.
Cockroach Control Tools
Detroit cockroach control always begins with accurate identification of the target roach. The variation in what drives the behavior of each species requires a focused and targeted approach to control that may include:
- Food source reduction
- Temperature adjustments
- Humidity reductions
- Changes to the lighting situation
- Barrier Controls
- Crack and crevice treatments
- Insect Growth Regulators
- Void treatments
Outside of the satisfying minimal efforts that go into Australian roach removal, Detroit roach control is quite focused and less then enjoyable for most people. Wherever you are at in the process from identification to not wanting to ever think about cockroaches, the roach experts at Rove Pest Control have the solution that will fit your needs and get you back to focusing on what you do best.