Contact us today to get a free estimate for pest control services.248-671-6696
Milford Cockroach Control
The Milford historical society museum has interesting and educational exhibits reminding us of where we came from and reconnects us with our roots. This history ties us together and strengthens us as a community. Alongside our community, is a community with much deeper roots and a much stronger biological support system – cockroaches. Roaches aren’t just critters of the big city, they are all around in Milford as well. Simply knowing about them is half the battle of effective Milford roach control.
Scientists have been exploring roboroach possibilities where they can brain hack cockroaches and control their movements. There are loads of interesting possibilities that could come from this, but we don’t need such a technologically advanced approach to “Pied Piper” the roaches from your home or business. Milford cockroach control consists of:
- Environmental controls
- Food source reduction
- Follow Up
Each of these steps should be tailored to individual circumstances as well as customized for the roaches at hand. Each Milford roach control plan should be unique.
Common Cockroach Culprits
While there are thousands of roach species, we only have 30 that tend to interact with humans. Here in Milford, the list to know is even smaller:
- German Cockroach – This roach gets and deserves the most attention. They thrive in certain human habitats and can reproduce quickly. Look for 2 parallel lines on the pronotum while the rest of the body is a brown or tan color.
- Oriental Cockroach – These are all black and associated with sewers and plumbing
- Brown Banded Cockroach – As the name indicates they are brown with some bands on their abdomen. The wings may cover these up making it hard to see
- Pennsylvania Woods Roach – Woods roaches tend to come from outside sources and are attracted to lights.
- Australian Cockroach – While many calls come on about these, they don’t want to be inside and usually end up getting carried in via potting soil. Their solution typically involves physical removal and simply returning them to their desired habitat – outside.
- American Cockroach – These are large roaches that are brown in color with distinct markings on their pronotum like a butterfly. The Australian roach also has this marking, but it is dark brown to black for a starker contrast.
Knowing the key components of the biology of each species will open the door to the quickest and most efficient methods of Milford Cockroach control.
Avoiding Winging It
Many people start their Milford roach control journey at the pesticide shelf at the nearest hardware store. While doing something is good, doing the right thing is better. Coordinate your Milford cockroach control efforts with the roach experts at Rove Pest Control to achieve quick and efficient results. Our combined efforts will pull the roaches from the present and make them a distant historical glimmer in your life.