Brooklyn Park, MN
Fruit Flies Pest Control
Contact us today to get a free estimate for pest control services.763-400-8680
Rove Pest Control: Brooklyn Park, MN Fruit Flies Pest
If you have a craving for fresh apple pie, take a trip to Eidem Homestead historic farm in Brooklyn Park. Nothing is quite as tasty as fresh fruit. However, when you bring fresh fruit home, especially in the summer, you may have also brought in an invader. Look around your apples or bananas, you might notice a red-eyed fly about the size of a pin head. Congratulations, you have fruit flies.
Fruit flies love sugar and organic material; however fruit isn’t the only thing they like. They’re attracted to vegetables, meat, even beer. Adults last about 30 days; then the female flies will find suitable food to lay eggs and start the entire process all over again. Fruit flies are rapid reproducers. It won’t take long for your house to be full of miniature flyers.
Get rid of the Problem
- When you bring fresh fruit or vegetables home, put them in the refrigerator. Cold temperatures will kill existing eggs and larva.
- Dispose of overripe fruit. Rot is a breeding ground for fruit flies.
- Take out the trash. Decaying organic material, beer, meat, and soda in your garage attracts fruit flies.
- Clean out your drains and disposal. You have to get rid of the rotting organic slime layer in your drains; otherwise, you’ll still have a fruit fly hatchery.
- Traps and sprays: there are a variety of traps and chemicals available, but remember, killing adults will only help reduce the population, you will still have to get rid of the nesting area to fully treat the problem.
Rove Pest Control is in Brooklyn Park
Though fruit fly problems are difficult to control, if you have enough dedication it can be done. You don’t have to get rid of all your fruits and vegetables either. If you feel like you need assistance or professional advice, give Rove Pest Control a call. We’re in Brooklyn Park and we’re ready to handle any infestation. Our technicians are certified and experienced. Let us take care of your pest problems, so you can get back to eating that apple pie . . . alone.