Contact us today to get a free estimate for pest control services.313-513-6783
Detroit Ant Control
Preferred expert by 760 WJR’s Inside Outside Guys
Few things are as fun as going to Snowy Ridge or other nearby hills for some winter sledding fun. While I and many of my other fellow Detroit outdoor enthusiasts are fans of hills for fun and entertainment, other animals in the area use their hills as work centers. Ant hills are the visible portion of the pest hustle and bustle occurring below and all around those hills. Detroit ant control targets these annoying ant factories to shut them down.
There are far more ant species out there than we have the mental capacity to worry about. Fortunately, there are just a handful of ants that we need to focus on for our Detroit ant control measures:
- Carpenter ants – These ants tend to raise the greatest concern among home and business owners. They are masters at seeking out soft wood to rip out to create their galleries. Fortunately, they do not eat the wood like a termite, but their presence is one to be reckoned with.
- Acrobat ants – Far less well-known than the carpenter ant, this ant also inhabits softened wood and voids
- Pavement ants – These are the most commonly noticed ant simply because of their conspicuous mounds in every crack they can lay claim on
- Odorous house ants – As indicated by their names, they love to come inside and help themselves to shelter and food. They also let off a distinct rotten coconut smell when crushed
- Pharaoh ants – Void dwellers that are very finicky to get rid of. They spread quickly in multi-housing situations
- Thief ants – Behaving similar to pharaoh ants, they are common indoors during hot and dry weather.
- Big headed ants – Sometimes an indoor pest but most often found in protected soil under pavers, rocks, timber, etc.
It is easy to assume that we are seeing the bulk of the colony crawling around, but the reality is we typically only see a small percentage of the total. Some colonies have one queen while others may have hundreds. Some colonies have hundreds of ants and others have hundreds of thousands of ants. Detroit ant control needs to be thorough and continue on through each season to break up reproductive cycles. Detroit ant control tools include:
- Habitat alteration
- Food source reduction
- Targeted baiting
- Barrier applications
- Void treatments
- Crack and crevice applications
Detroit ant control doesn’t have to be complex. Incorporating the ant control experts at Rove Pest Control keeps the process off of your plate so you can enjoy the rolling hills however you wish without stressing about the ant hills.