Commerce Charter Township
Contact us today to get a free estimate for pest control services.248-671-6696
Commerce Charter Township Roach Control
Preferred expert by 760 WJR’s Inside Outside Guys
When thinking about David Hahn and how he helped bring our township into notable news, one must wonder if he was testing the commonly shared statement about cockroaches that they could survive a nuclear blast. As much as we love a solid science experiment, we assure you that there are much safer ways to tackle a roach situation than building a backyard nuclear reactor. Commerce Charter Township roach control may start with thoughts of nuclear destruction but should focus in on the proven methods for controlling cockroaches.
The Proven Methods
Cockroaches are omnivores which means they will eat just about anything. This includes breadcrumbs that fall into impossible to reach places for humans as well as bits of meat and rotting vegetables that stick to the sides of trash receptacles. Things that may surprise most people include:
- Grease splatter
- Postage Stamps
This wide array of edible oddities puts food source reduction as the number one control method for Commerce Charter township roach control. Food source reduction alone won’t do the trick, but can be combined with:
- Sanitation and degreasing
- Insect growth regulators
- Void treatments
- Aerosol treatments
- Humidity & temperature controls
- Landscaping alterations
- Barrier treatments
- Calibrated baiting methods
- Strategic organization of structural contents
The Power of Proper Identification
Just as having the right identification can get you past security clearance areas, properly identifying the cockroach in question will bypass a lot of wasted efforts and allow deeper penetration into the heart of the population. A few examples of how identification helps include the following:
- Australian Cockroaches – large roaches with distinct butterfly shape on their pronotum. Finding one of these roaches inside will let us know that they are lost. Australian roaches prefer to be in rich soil, so control measures will be mostly targeted at giving them a gentle ride back outside.
- German Cockroach – these take some serious control efforts. They can squeeze into just about any crack and crevice and are masters of structure dwelling. They will want warm temperatures with a good food source that is typically oil or grease based.
- Oriental Cockroach – This cockroach will start the hunt at sewer related locations.
- Woods Cockroach – The Pennsylvania woods roach is going to be drawn to lights and likely originate from some ideal living conditions in the trees.
As you can tell from the names of the cockroaches, humans tend to label roach species by some geographic origin as if blaming some other place for their existence makes their current presence anymore tolerable. Commerce Charter Township roach control begins with identification and monitoring and ends with preventive barriers and monitoring.
My wife’s car got dented by a nice pail of hail stones. I looked at the golf ball-esque dimples and considered trying to pop them out myself. I might get lucky and get close a few times, but in the long run, I am better off having a professional do it correctly. This is a similar situation with Commerce Charter Township cockroach control: many people tackle it on their own and spend loads of time and resources with various levels of improvement. Getting the job done right the first time takes lost time out of the equation. Rove Pest Control roach professionals will tell you what elements you need to focus on and we take care of the rest.