Commerce Charter Township
Contact us today to get a free estimate for pest control services.248-671-6696
Commerce Charter Township Ant Control
Ever since The Radioactive Boy Scout came out, we have had to wonder what is being constructed in the back yards of our lovely township. The people and their nuclear reactors are on one scale, but there are other structures being built on a smaller scale that have a different way of exploding. Avoiding an explosion of invaders in our homes and businesses requires a well thought out Commerce Charter Township ant control plan.
Beneath the Surface
When we think of ants, we may think of them marching two by two, hoorah hoorah with our picnic supplies. If we think of their home, we will typically imagine a common ant hill that we would see in between the cracks in the pavement. Despite this, each type of ant will construct their living quarters in a way to best serve their individual needs. Some of these differences among species include:
- Allegheny Mound Ants – These ants will build mounds, but they are going to build them in the landscaping at a much larger scale than the pavement ant
- Pavement Ants – a small ant that loves to find the cracks in the sidewalk, but they also will infiltrate foundations of garages, sheds, and certain home slabs
- Carpenter Ants – This larger ant seeks out voids. In some cases, they may use existing voids in landscaping or construction. In others, they will excavate soft wood and create their own
- Pharaoh Ants – Think small and then think smaller. Pharaoh ants are light colored, tiny, and thrive in structures taking up shelter in hard-to-reach wall voids
Each Commerce Charter Township ant control plan should be built around the specific type of ant at hand.
Effective Control Measures
Ants are great at surviving and prove resistant to various measures of control. The recipe for success is combining a combination of tools with the species specific behavior to target the pest ant specifically. The basic Commerce Charter Township ant control measures include:
- Environmental controls
- Baits (ideally matched to the food preference of the season)
- Barrier applications
- Void treatments
Care should be taken to avoid overly rapid approaches to Commerce Charter Township Ant control to avoid causing budding. Budding is the splitting of one colony into multiple colonies.
Ants are a social insect which fully merits a social affront when they end up where they are not wanted. There is no need to fight the battle alone. The Commerce Charter township ant control experts at Rove Pest Control have the solution for every ant you may encounter in your homes and businesses so you can stop fretting about what they may be building where.