Should you use Insecticides or Heat Treatment when getting rid of bed bugs?
If you are looking for getting rid of bed bugs and what kills bed bugs, there are two common ways to do it, heat treatment or insecticides.
Where bed bugs commonly come from
Travel – plane, hotel, motel, train, bus, taxi, etc.
Hitchhiking – pets, luggage, boxes, clothing, furniture, etc.
Neighbors – nearby dwellings are infested.
Wild Animals – rodents, birds, bats, etc.
Clutter – provides the perfect nesting site.
Bed bugs are the fastest growing pest problem in the world. They are difficult to locate, quick to populate and swiftly spread from place to place.
Is there a downside to using insecticides for getting rid of bed bugs vs using heat treatment
- Bed Bugs have developed resistance to insecticides according to industry experts at Pest Control Technology check out the article here
- A thorough insecticide treatment for bed bugs could take 2-3 visits and it is unlikely all the bed bugs will be killed in the initial treatment.
- If you have multiple rooms that are infested, insecticides for bed bugs treatment typically takes about 30 minutes to 2 hours per room depending on size and condition of the room.
Benefits of using heat treatment for getting rid of bed bugs
- Heat treatment is the only process which exterminates all three stages (egg, nymph, adult) of a bed bug in one day
- There is no way to develop resistance to Heat Treatment for bed bugs, when the room reaches a certain temperature the bed bugs die
- Heat treatment for bed bugs can be done in one 6-8 hour treatment
- Unless you have things that could melt at around 150 degrees, which can be easily removed, heat treatment is completely safe
- Bed bug heat treatment is a safe and environmentally friendly process that uses dry heat to kill the entire life cycle of bed bugs.
- The success rate for an initial heat treatment is 97%! Customers can avoid falling in the other 3% by following preparation guidelines and post-heat recommendations to avoid re-introducing a population.
If you need bed bug removal services in the Minnesota area be sure to Click Here for more info
Did This Blog Help You? If so, we would greatly appreciate if you could share on Facebook
Have a question for us? Be sure to reach out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoveMinnesota
P.S. Be sure to head over to www.rovepestcontrol.com to set up a free pest control consultation!
Did you get value from this post, Should you use Insecticides or Heat Treatment when getting rid of bed bugs?, please retweet below!