Contact us today to get a free estimate for pest control services.651-321-5958
A Glimpse Into Clothes Moths
The most prevalent fabric destroying insects in the United States include two clothes moths: webbing clothes moths and the case making clothes moths.
After damage to fabric is discovered, it may take some detective work to determine the culprit. The insect pest is usually no longer present when the damage is found. To properly determine the pest, an investigator should make notes of the following clues:
- Look for live or dead insects. Live insects may be hard to find because these pests avoid the light, hiding in the folds of the fabric or in the cracks and crevices of closets.
- Look for cast skins, insect fragments and products. Cast skins of larvae are often found with damaged fabric or fur. Clothes moths will often leave silken webbing, cases or pupae in the damaged fabrics.
- Type of fabric. Carpet beetles and clothes moths can digest keratin, a component of animal hair, which includes wool, fur and feathers. Fabric made of wool blends or silk may also be damaged.
Read Our Blog Posts:
- What Are These Tiny Red Ants?
- Does a Honey Bee Know It Is Going To Die if It Stings You?
- Which Fly Runs?
- Are Some Bugs Indestructible?
- How to Get Rid of Frogs
- Fruit Flies, They Seem to Magically Appear, Here Are The Facts
- How-To Protect Yourself and Others From COVID-19
- How to Stop Pests From Chewing Holes in Your Screens