Bed Bug Control
Contact us today to get a free estimate for pest control services.608-618-1966
Sun Prairie Bed Bug Control
Bed bugs are pests that have been terrorizing homes, hotels, and hospitals for thousands of years. In fact, they were also around to attack Pharaoh. Sure, they were around in the caveman days, but it is more fun to think about Egyptian royalty having to deal with the same things as us. Here in Sun Prairie, we see a lot of travel to visit the Downtown scene as well as the Historic Crosse House. Anywhere that sees travel is likely to see these pests at times. Sometimes this travel is simply a trip to a movie theatre or library. Sun Prairie bed bug control starts with awareness.
What Do Bed Bugs Like To Eat?
Bed bugs are a parasitic type of insect that likes to feed on the blood of humans and animals, particularly at night when we are asleep. Their bites can result in a number of health impacts including skin rashes, psychological effects, and allergic symptoms. Most cases are minor however a large population can cause more serious health side effects.
Bed bugs are not like mosquitoes where they only need blood for one aspect of their existence. Both males and females can feed on blood and only blood. This is true for both nymphs (young, developing bed bugs) and adults. The different types of bed bugs are named for the type of host they prefer e.g. swallow bug, bat bug, etc.
How Bed Bugs Spread
- Bed bugs are master hitchhikers. They have spent centuries perfecting their ability to snag a ride on something and finding a new host home. Some examples of vehicles they use for transportation are as follows:
- Affected hosts accidentally carrying bed bugs or their eggs on their person, clothing, or personal items
- Appliances, furniture, electronics, and any other item with a crack or crevice.
- Animal hosts (even pests) could bring them into your home
- Bed bugs are efficient travelers. Bed bugs like to hang out close to their host, but if the host leaves for long enough or population pressures start pushing bugs out, they will move to other places. They may wander to another room in the home or even head next door. They are small enough they can travel through wall voids and use the wiring and plumbing as a bed bug superhighway to the next blood stop.
- Bed bugs reproduce through traumatic inception. This means that the female is stabbed through her abdomen. In order to preserve her life, she will often runoff from the population to be safe. This behavior alone can land her in unexpected places.
Sun Prairie bed bug control should take into account all possible ways that a bed bug population could spread as well as all possible ways they could come in. Far too often, bed bugs will get reintroduced during the control process or shortly thereafter.
Unhitching From the Bed Bug Wagon
Bed bugs have some biological advantages against many control measures, so employing a multi-faceted Sun Prairie bed bug control approach is best. The main components of bed bug control include:
- Proper identification
- Source location
- Furniture encasements
- Pitfall traps
- Lure based traps
- Sticky traps
- Bed Bug specific sprays, dusts, and aerosols
- Follow up & monitoring
Call For Backup
Whether you are seeing signs of bed bugs or just want to have them be someone else’s responsibility, the biting insect specialists at Rove Pest Control are here to help. We have the customized Sun Prairie bed bug control plan to fit whatever needs you to have wherever you are in the process.