Contact us today to get a free estimate for pest control services.608-618-1966
Roaches: A Trip Through Time
The planet earth has been around for nearly 5 billion years. Our planet has seen many life forms in its time. Long before humans ever existed, roaches have crawled the land. They trudged alongside the dinosaurs, toured the endless halls of Aztec palaces, boarded the ships of early settlers, and now dwell among us across the world. The very insect we despise had the purpose of recycling and devouring decomposing plant and animal waste, trapping nitrogen, and cleaning the ecosystem. It’s easy to say most people don’t consider cockroaches “cleaners” and usually rely on roach control for a solution. Hudson roach control may be necessary for your home or business to rid these prehistoric invaders who have adapted to many new environments over time.
The St. Croix River: Transportation
Hudson, WI, resides on the St. Croix River, a historic and scenic river used many years ago for transportation, trade, and recreation. Back in the day, when transportation was more prominent on the river, it provided a way for roaches to expand from place to place. You may acquire roaches in many ways, including;
- Boxes, bags, and other containers
- Crawl through openings in the home such as cracks, crevices, doors, and windows
- Navigate through pipes and plumbing
- Shared between apartments with an infestation
Hudson roach control may not tell you exactly how roaches were transported into your home. Still, it can address your home’s infested areas, entry points, and individual needs to decrease population and ease your mind.
Preventing Roaches in Your Home
Roaches should never prevent you from doing the things you want to do. Whether you’re preparing to move to a new home, struggling with a current infestation that keeps you from hosting a gathering, or you want to keep the doors and windows open, there are ways to prevent and control roach activity.
- Remove water sources: leaky sinks, condensation on pipes, and small water pools. Water is a key element to a thriving roach population
- Remove food sources: Remember reading above, “roaches are professional recyclers?” This means they love to eat! Any scrap of food waste can be appealing, even the trash can. Removing food waste regularly is crucial.
Cleaning is also essential when dealing with roaches. Proper cleaning methods ensure that the crumbs are swept, water is absorbed, and any bacteria from these bugs won’t impact your health. If you’re dealing with a roach population and following these recommendations, it’s essential to know that professionals are on standby for Hudson roach control.