5 Proven tips for how to get rid of spiders you need to start doing
April 6th, 2016 by Mike MacDonald in Spiders
If you are like me spiders you think spiders are creepy and you really hope to never see one, especially in your home. Now there are a few things you should know when it comes to spiders that can be beneficial to your home. One thing that is great that spiders do is that they eat other insects and common pests in your home. So they can act as a natural pest control, unfortunately if you have several spiders in your home that probably means you have several pests in your home as well that they are feeding on. If the spiders didn’t have a food source they wouldn’t be hanging out in your home. So one thing to think about when looking for how to get rid of spiders is to get a pest control plan in place to get rid of the other pests and insects inhabiting your home you might not even know about. Spiders can also help prevent pests from destroying crops on farms. Not too many of us have gardens or crops in our home however, so don’t feel bad about getting rid of spiders there.
Other measures you can use for how to get rid of spiders
- The most effective form of pest control for how to get rid of spiders is going to be to have your home professionally serviced to get rid of other insect pests besides the spiders. Again if there is no food source there won’t be a reason for those spiders to be in your home.
- Avoid trees, plants, trash, food, leaves, touching the outside of your home. You want to get rid of any easy access for bugs and pests to get into your home. If you get rid of the easy access points less insects and pests will be available for spiders to eat. This can also be an effective way how to get rid of spiders since they will have a harder time getting into your home as well.
- Do you have a fire place? Bringing wood into your home can be a great place for insects, pests, and spiders to hide and make their way into your home without noticing. If you are going to store wood, make sure it isn’t being stored in or touching your house.
- Kill current insect pests in your house. Often people will turn to over the counter pest control solutions, while those may kill the pests on contact they usually have little to no residual effects to prevent reoccurring pests, so the spiders and pests can keep coming back. We recommend getting set up with a professional pest control removal service which has better tools and pest control solutions to remove insects and pests long term.
- Another solution that can be effective for how to get rid of spiders is to get a treatment for pests around the outside of your home. This can create a barrier so the spiders and other pests won’t get into your home. It’s best to have this done by professionals vs at home over the counter methods since spots can be easily overlooked and the pest control pros have better tools and better products they can use for pest control prevention.
Did This Blog Help You? If so, we would greatly appreciate if you could comment below and share on Facebook
Have a question for us? Be sure to reach out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoveMinnesota
P.S. Be sure to head over to www.rovepestcontrol.com and enter your name and email to set up a free pest control consultation!
If you enjoyed this post, 5 Proven tips for how to get rid of spiders you need to start doing, please retweet and comment below.